Goshen Family Practice
Goshen Family Physicians (1811 Charlton Ct, Goshen, IN 46526) provides primary health care for all ages. This includes pediatric, adult, medical and obstetrical care. They specialize in preventative healthcare as well as management of acute and chronic illness. This includes treatment for depression, ADHD and other mental health concerns. In the office, they perform many procedures such as lesion removal, colposcopy and ultrasounds. Goshen Family Physicians consist of six Family Physicians, a Family Nurse Practitioner and a Family Physician Assistant. In addition, they have a staff of 20 nurses and receptionists.
Mon.–Fri.: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. | Sat.: 8 a.m. to noon
Schedule an appointment
Phone: (574) 534-8200 or (574) 534-0050
Fax: (574) 534-0411
(If you are a Goshen College student and need help making an appointment with the clinic, call the Goshen College Wellness & Health Center at ext. 7474)
- Barbara J. Meyer, M.D. is a family physician who graduated from Goshen College and Indiana University School of Medicine. She completed her residency in Family Medicine in St. Paul, Minn., and practiced seven years in northern Wisconsin before starting her practice in Goshen in 2001. She and her husband, Dr. Lane Reed, have three children. She enjoys the full range of family medicine, including building relationships with families over time.
- Carla G. Mishler, M.D. is a family physician who has been in practice with Goshen Family Physicians for 18 years. Dr. Mishler is a graduate of Goshen College. She completed medical school at Indiana University School of Medicine and her family practice residency at St. Joseph’s Medical Center in South Bend, Ind. Prior to attending medical school, Dr. Mishler was an elementary school teacher for five years. In addition to caring for her patients and her three children, she enjoys gardening and biking.
- Lane C. Reed, M.D. is a family physician who has been in practice at Goshen Family Physicians for 10 years. Before coming to Goshen, he practiced for five years in rural Wisconsin near St. Paul, Minn. Dr. Reed’s undergraduate training took place at Hesston (Kan.) College and Goshen College. He spent one year in Washington, D.C. doing voluntary service at Columbia Road Health Services before going to medical school at Indiana University School of Medicine. He completed his residency in Family Medicine in St. Paul, Minn. Dr. Reed and his wife, Dr. Barbara Meyer, have three children. His interests outside of medicine include flying and woodworking.
- Amanda D. Schmidt, M.D. joined Goshen Family Physicians in August 2011 after completing her Family Medicine Residency at Memorial Hospital South Bend. She attended Indiana University School of Medicine and did her undergraduate work at Goshen College. In between, she spent a year participating in Mennonite Voluntary Service in San Francisco where she worked with women and children with HIV/AIDS. She is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians and enjoys caring for people of all ages. Her interests include gardening and hanging out with her dog, Charlie.
- Timothy D. Thut, M.D. is a family physician who graduated from Goshen College and Georgetown University School of Medicine. He completed his Family Practice Residency at Memorial Hospital of South Bend and has practiced family medicine in Goshen for 34 years. He is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians. He and his wife Margaret have three children. His interests include his grandchildren, tennis and beekeeping.
- Bethany A. Wait, D.O. joined Goshen Family Physicians in August 2010 after completing her Family Medical Residency at Memorial Hospital in South Bend. She was born and raised in Goshen and likes working in her hometown. She completed her undergraduate work at Indiana University Bloomington and South Bend and attended Michigan State College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Wait is a member of the American Academy of Family Physicians. She enjoys taking care of patients of all ages and using her osteopathic skills to improve their quality of life. Dr. Wait and her husband live in Goshen.
- Casilda C. Chenier, PA-C is a Goshen College alumnus and majored in biology and Hispanic ministries. She completed her physician assistant degree at Chicago City College/Cook County Hospital in 2008. During 2008-2009, she volunteered with Catholic Medical Mission Board where she worked in a rural clinic in the mountains of central Honduras. She has been working with Goshen Family Physicians since 2009. She and her husband have two children.
- Deena G. Elizalde, NP-C is a Goshen College alumnus, majoring in nursing and minoring in Spanish. After graduation, she spent one year in Brownsville, Texas with Mennonite Voluntary Service. She completed a master’s degree at University of Illinois, Chicago in 2001 and is a family nurse practitioner. She has worked in both family practice and pediatric community clinics, and has taught in the nurse practitioner program at Texas Woman’s University. She has been a part of Goshen Family Physicians since 2007. Ms. Elizalde and her husband have two children.