Getting Started: A Step-By-Step Guide
Congratulations! You are taking the first steps toward finishing your degree. Whether you are interested in completing your bachelor’s degree in Nursing or Organizational Leadership, this guide will walk you through the beginning of this rewarding journey. As always, please contact us if you have any questions (or even if you don’t). We would love to talk with you about your plans for a more enriching career.
You may have already found everything you need to know about our program on our website. If so, feel free to skip down to Step Four. But if you still have questions, try steps 1-3 below:
Step One: Reviewing the Program
- Our Learning Model: Learn alongside your peers, attend class only one night each week, and finish your degree in about 18 months. The Adult Degree Program is designed for working adults like you.
- Our Programs:
- RN-BSN: Read an overview of the program, review the admission and graduation requirements, see a sample schedule, read descriptions of the classes you’ll take.
- Organizational Leadership Program: Read an overview of the program, review the admission and graduation requirements, see a sample schedule, read descriptions of the classes you’ll take.
Step Two: Learn How to Earn Credits
Both the RN-BSN program and OLP consist of 40 credits. You will need 120 credits to graduate. Read our Earning College Credit page to learn about how to add up the remaining 80 credits through transfers from previous colleges, our credit for prior learning program (which allows you to get college credit for real-world experience), and test achievements. This is just to give you an idea of your options—make sure to speak with our staff so we can build a credit plan to meet all the graduation requirements.
Step Three: Learn How to Pay for College
Our financial aid page will tell you about financing your degree, from getting loans and grants to convenient payment options.
Step Four: Apply to Goshen College!
This page will take you through all the steps for your application.
Step Five: So, what happens next?
- Meet with Adult Degree Programs staff to plan the right path for you: We’ll help make sure you are on track to meet all of our graduation requirements.
- Apply for financial aid: Our staff and the financial aid office can help you with the process, or you can see detailed instructions on our financial aid resources page.
- Return the registration form and priority deposit of $100 to reserve your seat in the next group.
- Congratulations! You are already on your way!